The Lakers have dropped four of five following Thursday”s 113-103 loss in Milwaukee. Their hold on the eighth seed in the Western Conference is thin, as is — in a major change of pace — . It”s a tough moment in a tough season for the purple and gold. But while adversity might keep the Lakers from the playoffs, it can”t keep us from recording the newest edition of the Land O”Lakers Podcast.
Among the big talking points…
- We”ve now seen two games without Metta World Peace out thanks to a meniscus tear in his left knee, and what it means for the Lakers on both sides of the ball. Thus far, it”s fair to say the team has become even more porous defensively. Any shot they patch the holes? Has MWP played his final game with the Lakers?
- Was Metta”s injury the straw that breaks the camel”s back? That last bit of adversity the Lakers can”t overcome?
- If you”re a fan, do you really want the Lakers to make the playoffs, given what appears to be the inevitable pasting they”ll endure in the first round? Would it be more humane for the year to quietly end in mid-April? Andy, the resident Lakers die-hard, weighs in.
- Tuesday”s game against Dallas won”t just have huge implications for the playoffs, but for facial hair as well. We discuss.
- Finally Jon Hamm and Mark Zuckerberg officially have two of the first-est first world problems in human history.