Holy crap! A week steeped — by offseason standards, if nothing else — in actual news. The Lakers even have a schedule! Damn right we fired up the microphones and scheduled a session at “Studio Kamenetzky!” We can’t waste an opportunity like this in August. The show can be heard by clicking on the module below and at the bottom of the page. Here is a breakdown of talking points.
- Some recent headlines from around the league. Shabazz Muhammad gets booted. Michael Beasley gets busted. Dwyane Wade gets political. And with Kurt Rambis on Mike D’Antoni’s staff, will the Lakers get defensive — in a good way — next season?
- The 2013-14 Lakers schedule: Where is the easiest portion? The burliest? If the Lakers get off to a slow start, how might that impact their strategy over the course of the year?
- What platelet rich plasma
best drug rehabilitation
best wireless speakers
bluetooth wireless speakers
kind of reception will Dwight Howard, Andrew Bynum and Mike Brown receive when they visit Staples Center next season?
- SBNation.com recently ranked the Lakers 20th in their preseason Power Rankings. Too high, too low or just right? How do the Lakers look compared to the rest of the conference?
- AAK!!! We answer pressing questions from our Tweeps and Facebook friends. Did video actually kill the radio star? How should the Rockets and Royce White have handled their conflict during the now-Sixer forward’s rookie season? (For those who missed it, White was a guest earlier this week for a very compelling, wide-ranging podcast.) Why don’t more basketball players circumvent the NCAA and do a year in Europe, a’la Brandon Jennings? In today’s PED drenched world of sports, would Kobe recovering quickly from Achilles surgery elicit rumors and suspicion?
- Recommending reading/viewing! An article and television show get the LO’L endorsement.