Lakers Media Day comes this weekend, officially kicking off the preseason and bringing the actual season that much closer with every passing hour. Pretty awesome how that works.
The show can be heard by clicking on the module above or the links at the bottom of the page. A list of talking points is below:
- We take a stroll through the latest NBA headlines. The Lakers show off their new black jersey, while the NBA may add “nickname” rags. Paul George and DeMarcus Cousins are reportedly on the verge of extensions, taking two bigger names off the market for the Lakers to pursue next summer. And who’da thunk Shaquille O’Neal would become a minority owner of the Sacramento
- The reissue of Jeanie Buss’ book “Laker Girl” features a new chapter with her take on Phil Jackson getting passed over for Mike D’Antoni, and the released excerpts paint an unflattering portrait of her brother Jim. Fans have nearly without fail favored Jeanie over Jim, but could she actually face a bigger fallout this time around?
- In the meantime, the Lakers need to make a decision regarding The Zen Master’s official role with the organization. Like, now.
- How did longtime Lakers trainer Gary Vitti feel about Kobe Bryant’s high dive escapades?
- ESPN.com just released its Future NBA Power Rankings (Insider account required), and their three-year forecast for the Lakers isn’t terribly optimistic. Does #21 with a bullet feel too high, too low or just right?
- Time for some AAK!!!, and it’s heavily steeped in “Breaking Bad.” What lone DVD would we choose if holed up in a remote New Hampshire cabin like Walter White? With the landmark series coming to a close, how will the K Brothers (huge fans) fill that void? Plus, who’s uglier, Peyton or Eli Manning? (We just answer the questions sent our way, people.)