With the Government shut down and our politicians demonstrating yet again their dysfunctional, self-centered, hypocritical incompetency, the United States of America, the greatest nation on Earth, has embarked on a desperate, collective search for a hero to provide hope as society crumbles into ruin.
Look no further, America. Your huckleberry has arrived.
To listen to the show, click on the module above or either of the download links. As for talking points…:
- A look at the NBA headlines. LeBron and 'Melo won't answer questions about their potential free agency in 2014. Greg Monroe reportedly won't receive an extension from the Pistons, which would make him a potential target for the Lakers next summer as a restricted free agent. Andrew Bynum cut his hair, an absolute tragedy for fans of Drew's myriad bizarre stylings in Philly. (People like us, for example.) The NBA Competition Committee has voted to return the NBA Finals to a 2-2-1-1-1 format, a necessary change, long overdue.
- Lakers Media Day on Saturday was a low key affair, but there was Papa John's pizza for the media!!! What, if anything, can be deciphered from this turn of events?
- Could the Lakers actually benefit as a franchise from a season with low expectations?
- How will MDA divvy up the minutes at point guard, shooting guard and small forward?
- There are a bunch of dudes with partially guaranteed contracts fighting to become Lakers. Who has the best chance of sticking?
- AAK!!! Is Sriracha or wasabi the superior spicy condiment? How can Blake Griffin shut up those who dismiss him as a one-dimensional dunker? What did we think of the “Breaking Bad” finale?
- In a very cool story, Brandon Bass is learning how to swim as a 28 year-old adult. What skill would we each love to learn from scratch as even older adults? (On a related note, Brian has no idea what a “lathe” is.)