Friday’s win over Utah notwithstanding, these are indeed dark days of late for the Lakers. Point guards are dropping like flies. Pau Gasol’s future is yet again unstable. Mike D’Antoni remains unpopular as ever. And relief doesn’t appear anywhere on the horizon. Thankfully, there is a certain podcast to get fans through these tough times, the same one that got everyone through the Kwame-Smush era.
We’re here for you, people!
The show can be heard by clicking the module above, and a list of talking points can be found below. Among the highlights:
- We take a look at the latest headlines. Stan Van Gundy refers to the Nets as a “bush league” operation. ‘Melo creates an awesome insult. J.R. Smith reacts to the Knicks cutting his brother. Andre Miller and Brian Shaw aren’t besties.
- To say the least, the Lakers have encountered a rocky patch. Does January present potential relief, or add depth to the rabbit hole?
- The Lakers’ list of healthy point guards now begins and ends with Kendall Marshall, and the effect of so few available 1′s has been devastating on several counts.
- With the team skidding, we’ve heard cries from fans that Mike D’Antoni should be shown the door ASAP. As I explained in a recent post, that would be a terrible idea.
- Stop us if you’ve heard this before, but Pau Gasol is again involved in trade rumors, this time in exchange for a certain-to-be-waived Andrew Bynum, huge financial savings and (maybe) a young player or a pick. Would this be a good deal for the Lakers? What does it say about Gasol’s trade value? Big picture, have the last three seasons, and this one particularly, forever tainted Pau’s purple and gold legacy?
- It’s time for AAK!!! Which Laker, former or current, would be the best sitcom star? Would we rather be an ugly millionaire or a poor, handsome ladies man? Which exotic pet would either of us purchase? Why is Kareem never mentioned as the GOAT?