We figured y’all would need some kinda entertainment after Thursday’s debacle against the Clippers. Hopefully, this helps take the edge off.
The show can be heard by clicking on the module above, and a list of talking points can be found below. Among the highlights:
- We talk a stroll through the headlines. Carmelo Anthony is reportedly running low on patience in New York, and Joakim Noah is reportedly recruiting the All-Star to join him in Chicago. (And speaking of disgruntled All-Stars, I think Phoenix could/should make a serious, credible push for Kevin Love this offseason.) Pop offers his coaching secrets. The Pistons deny rumors that Isiah Thomas could replace Joe Dumars (and I take the indefensible position that they should). Royce White gets a 10-day deal with the Kings.
- Much has been written (and filmed) these days about Steve Nash’s uncertain future with the Lakers, which could include retirement, the stretch provision, or… believe it or not… another year on the roster, whether physically up to the task or not. What, if anything, does Nash owe the Lakers if it grows even more apparent taking the court is a pipe dream? Is he obligated to step away from his career and the nearly $10 million?
- We discuss Sam Amick’s recent wide-ranging interview with Phil Jackson for USA Today. What lies ahead for Phil as a coach, a potential member of the Laker brass, or a member of a front office anywhere in the league?
- Tweeps complaining that Mike D’Antoni didn’t play Jordan Hill and Chris Kaman during a WIN in Portland reflects just how much Laker fans despise Ol’ Pringles. (That, and they just don’t get the notion of playing for the future.) Well, we hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but dude might be around next season.
- It’s time for AAK!!! What kind of mask would we wear with a broken nose? We rank, based on several criteria, “The Karate Kid,” “Rocky IV,” “Wildcats,” “Major League,” and “Teen Wolf.” Who’s the bigger train wreck between John Travolta and Mel Gibson? Would we prefer to die by fire, drowning or hungry lion?