It’s not necessarily that a ton of things have happened in the land o’ Lakers since we last recorded the Land O’Lakers podcast, just that the thing that did go down was a doozie.
That, and Phil Jackson took a pretty plum gig with the Knicks. (Do I really need to add a link-to-the-news, here? If PJ-to-NY is information you haven’t yet heard, I suspect you’re here on accident.) And fair to say, the average Lakers fan reacted with a combination of anger, fear, and… no, anger and fear pretty much covers it. No surprise, it was the major topic of conversation for the newest show, which can be heard by clicking the module above (or the link below). A list of the major talking points…
- Before the main course, some passed apps in the form of headlines. Deadspin takes over the Hawks’ Twitter feed, more examples of people not understanding how social media works, new Commish Adam Silver says jersey ads are coming sooner rather than later.
- With Phil gone, what happens now? Can Jim Buss perform well enough to shift the narrative on him? Can the narrative even be shifted?
- What about Kobe Bryant? How will he handle what could be a tough 2014-15 season, and who knows what after that? How much do his complaints really matter?
- We play “Should the Lakers Keep This Guy Next Season?” Let’s spin the wheel with Jordan Farmar.
- It’s time for some AAK!!! Better starring duo for a buddy cop movie: The K bros or the Sklar Bros? Is the world actually a sphere? Who wins between Andy and Brian in a fist fight?