The Carlos Boozer era has officially begun for the Lakers. There’s a sentence I never expected to type.
The show can be heard by clicking on the module and a handy list of talking points is below. Among the high points:
- The Lakers “won” the Carlos Boozer auction and claimed the painted-haired Dukie off waivers. Seriously… WTF, Lakers? WTF? What does the Boozer grab say about the way in which the rebuilding Lakers see themselves? Do they completely lack self-awareness, or are they threading the needle between rebuilding and competing?
- With Boozer now in the fold, save an unexpected trade, the Lakers aren’t likely making any more significant moves. So how did they do? Did they read the market well, or let too many noteworthy players get past?
- Pau Gasol went to Chicago without the Lakers receiving any assets in return. At the risk of saying, “I told you so…”
- When will the Lakers finally hire a coach? What does it say about the organization’s confidence in presumed frontrunner Byron Scott that he’s been interviewed three times without getting hired, despite the fact that nobody else seems to be in the running?
- The Lakers offseason has received mixed reviews, but hey, they could be Daryl Morey!
- Thoughts LeBron James heading back to Cleveland.
- It’s time for #AAK!!! What songs are we most ashamed to admit liking? What discontinued Trader Joe’s item do we miss most? If the Lakers getting Kevin Love somehow meant the movie “Face/Off” never existed, would I choose the power forward or Castor Troy? What invention would we pitch on “Shark Tank?”