Last show before the real games begin. (Recorded on Monday, but delayed in posting…)
- Brandon Ingram’s slow preseason in the wake of expectations rising sharply for him this offseason.
- Who starts at the four? Are the Lakers missing an opportunity in the frontcourt?
- How many games will the Lakers win this year? The Vegas line is 34.5… so are they over or under, and how does Lonzo’s absence this preseason impact the final number?
- What about the rest of the Western Conference? Who are the eight playoff teams in a stacked group?
- In the East, since only two teams really matter, we look at Philadelphia’s chances, since in a lot of ways they’re the E.C. version of the Lakers.
And finally, it’s the 20th anniversary of Boogie Nights, one of the great movies of the last two decades. We discuss what makes it so good, and why it holds up so well.