With ten games officially in the books, what to make of the .500-ish Lakers and the way things have thus far shaken out, Joe Q. PurpleAndGoldFan asks. Well, lucky for Joe Q. PurpleAndGoldFan, we happened to have an afternoon free to answer that same pressing question. The show can be heard by clicking on the module, and a list of talking points can be found below. Among the high points:
- Our run through the headlines! Yahoo! reports the Knicks are targeting Kevin Love in 2015. Coach K thinks flopping is… un-American??? Matt Barnes loses his mind against the Thunder and on Twitter. J.R. Smith defends his brother’s honor against Brandon Jennings.
- Steve Nash’s health has taken a turn for the (even) worse. Nerve damage related to last season’s problems has the point guard shelved for at least another week, and that is likely optimistic. What does the future hold for Canada’s favorite son?
- In the meantime, Pau Gasol’s health/age issues aren’t nearly as extreme as Nash’s, but foot, respiratory, and conditioning problems, plus his advancing years, have nonetheless conspired to create a slow start. Is it possible El Spaniard can regain the All-Star form Mike D’Antoni predicted in the preseason?
- Are the Lakers struggling to discover their “identity?”
- AAK!!! If powerful aliens were to demand one celebrity sacrifice a year in exchange for the Earth’s safety, who would we nominate as the first to go? Which was the most seismic event in Lakers history: The nixed CP3 deal, D’Antoni getting hired over Phil Jackson, or Dwight Howard’s departure? What is our favorite guilty pleasure song, and what music do people try to make us feel guilty for not liking?
- I construction jobs
outpatient drug treatment
platelet rich plasma
wireless tv speakers
share my theory about former NBA fringe big men Mamadou N’Diaye and Boniface N’Dong. It will blow your mind!