Just when the world (if not necessarily his teammates) got used to seeing Kobe Bryant on the court again, the image became merely a memory. The future Hall of Famer is sidelined again, this time with a fractured kneecap suffered in Memphis against the Grizzlies. The estimated time of recovery is at least six weeks, adding even more uncertainty to Kobe’s final years in purple and gold. In the meantime, and stop me if you’ve heard this before, but the Lakers will have to make due with a shorthanded roster.
On the plus side, the K Bros are healthy, which means the podcast is at full strength, and that’s really the most important thing at the end of the day. The show can heard by clicking on the module, and a list of talking points can be found below. Among the talking points:
- We begin with a look at the latest headlines. Brook Lopez is out for the season, making a crappy Brooklyn Nets team, a crappy Atlantic Division, and a crappy Eastern Conference all even crappier. Even with a gurl as purty as Gabrielle Union, Dwyane Wade proves his lack of cynicism by getting engaged for a second marriage. Andre Iguoala speaks! He is not the mole!
- Kobe’s latest injury creates a multitude of talking points. To begin, how will his absence affect a largely overachieving, if completely decimated, roster?
- Shifting towards Kobe himself, what do we make of his second significant injury since April? Is this a preview of what lies ahead, health-wise, for the superstar guard until he calls it a career? Will he be able to stay on the court, much less play at the level Kobe demands?
- If best wireless speakers
plantar fasciitis treatment
bluetooth wireless speakers
lower back pain relief
Lakers fans don’t love Nick Young, there’s something the hell wrong with them. We explain why Swaggy P is perfect for this particular team.
- Kendall Marshall becomes the latest reclamation project for the Lakers.
- Will “The Wheel” be the way of the NBA draft in the near future?
- Time for some #AAK! We discuss the fury over Justine Sacco’s unquestionably tasteless Tweet, and how it reflects the weird and often treacherous world of social media. What is the greatest onscreen death in movie history? What would be the ultimate basketball matchup? What is the appropriate role of politics in sports?