For mere mortals, it ain't easy coming up with hot talk during the offseason. For the K Bros, it's just another day in the studio. Or as we call the studio, “Andy's House.” Below is a list of talking points:
- Speaking to NBA TV last week, Jim Buss said he'd bet big money on Kobe Bryant being healthy enough to play preseason games. Was this simply an owner trying to rally a dispirited fan base or did Buss perhaps unnecessarily write a check Kobe's Achilles might not be able to cash?
- While not as exciting as watching Brian predict next season's starting unit via Time Warner Cable SportsNet's telestrator, we nonetheless prognosticate first fives with and without Kobe's services.
- As Brian recently noted, the Mavericks' recent struggles to land an A-List free agent could forecast potential issues for the Lakers. What kind of test does the Free Agent Summer of 2014 pose for Jim Buss?
- It's time for another rousing edition of “Ask a Kamenetzky!” Better look: Bald and fit, full head of hair and fat or somewhere in between? Better album: Licensed to Ill or Nevermind? Better career: Metta World Peace or Lamar Odom? Plus, we pay respects to the late actor Dennis Farina. (Thanks to our tweep @VinceMarcial for this fantastic link of Farina expertly dropping F-Bombs.)
- Has Rudy Gay solved his low efficiency shooting?